Monday, April 22, 2013

Packing Up the Mozzie Net

Today's my last day at the Isara Foundation, and my last day of working during this volunteer adventure.  I cannot believe how quickly it's gone by, while at the same time cannot believe all the incredible things I've seen and amazing people it's brought me to. I never thought I'd be sad to have to pack up a mosquito net!

The last week/ weekend has been really great! I did some last minute things here in Nong Khai.. went to the Aquarium which was pretty funny, and got to see the sand art 'exhibit' they have on the beach here.  I've also had a chance to meet and hang out with some old volunteers who came back to NK for Songkran... They were so great and I'm lucky to have even more friends from this Isara family.

The next few days look to be pretty insane... I have 3 over night trains in the next 4 days. I take an overnight to Bangkok, meet up with Sheena, her sister, and Tiffany.. and then overnight to the full moon party on Ko Phangan.  Then stay there, but overnight train it the following night to hopefully arrive at the airport on time for my flight later that evening!

I'm of course excited to be coming home, yet sad at the same time.. I really hope I stay in touch with everyone I met on the road!  The little kiddies were a bit sad to see me go.. but I know I'm leaving them in good hands!

Food wise it's been challenging to decide what I should be having as my last meal... Pad thai? Fried Rice? Papaya salad? Either way.. I'm sure I'll be back! The days here have gotten a bit colder and cloudier and I feel as though it's preparing me for NYC weather.. I hope it stays a bit cold there by the time I get back!! I realized as well that I haven't really been sleeping well here due to the heat and no A/C.. .but with the temperature dropping all that's changing.. I hope I don't turn into a zombie or sleep for three days once I'm back home!

Will write my final blog after I'm back on Sunday... that is if I survive the tides of the full moon as well as all my train rides!!

No comments:

Post a Comment